Mountain Bike 13 Miles / Run 5 Miles
Race Starts 6/13/2015 at 09:00am
Applegate Lake, OR
Individual Duathlon Sign Up
* Race day registration will cost an additional $15.00
* Please read carefully before registering.
Team Duathlon Sign Up
Team Categories: Team Male / Team Female / Team Coed
Include your team name when you register.
Start Time: 9:00AM
Start Location: Hart-Tish Park, Applegate Lake, OR
Finish Location: Hart-Tish Park, Applegate Lake, OR
Thursday, June 11 from 4-6pm at Sports Authority, Medford, OR
Friday, June 12 from 4-6pm at Rogue Valley Runners, Ashland, OR
Race day packet pickup at Hart-Tish Park, starting at 6:45AM (Packet pick-up/Registration closes at 8:30AM)
Race Day Information: Transition areas open at 7:00AM
Triathlon & Duathlon Rules: iPods are allowed however, please use them in one ear only or keep the volume down so you can be aware of people coming up from behind.
Mountain Bike Rules of Trail
All riders are expected to follow the industry-supported MTB code:
1. I will yield the right of way to other non-motorized recreationists.
2. I will use caution when overtaking another and will make my presence known well in advance.
3. I will maintain control of my speed at all times.
4. I will stay on designated trails.
5. I will not disturb wildlife or livestock.
6. I will not litter.
7. I will respect public and private Property.
8. I will be self-sufficient.
9. I will not travel solo when bike-packing remote areas.
10. I will observe the practice of minimum impact bicycling.
11. I will always wear a helmet whenever I ride.
About This Event
This is hands down the best off-road duathlon course in Southern Oregon! It combines a 13 mile mountain bike segment and a 5 mile run segment which takes you completely around the gorgeous lake. You may compete as an individual or as a two-person team with each team member doing one of the segments.
The mountain bike section starts at Hart-Tish Park and goes clockwise around the lake to Seattle Bar. At Seattle bar, participants will rack their bikes and complete the course with a 5 mile run back to Hart-Tish Park. Participants will utilize 12 miles of single-track, 3.5 miles of pavement and 2.5 miles of forest roads that follow the fingered shoreline. It includes many short, moderately difficult climbs and a lot of very fun undulating terrain. There are two steeper climbs encountered which are about 0.25 mile long each. The trail is never too technical but it is definitely challenging. The single-track trail surface is mainly decomposed granite and you can expect some rocks and possibly windfall. There are numerous side streams you’ll cross on wooden bridges. All course intersections will be well marked.
This year’s racers will receive, Tech-T’s, goody bags, an event after party with beverages, snacks, food vendors, music and some GREAT, free raffle prizes for participants. All are welcome.